Help Us Celebrate 100 Years
You are invited to a special BRIDAL OPEN HOUSE Tuesday evening, March 25, 2014 – exactly 100 years to the day of the first wedding reception held at the prestigious Eldredge Manor Reception Center back on March 25, 1914. The celebration will be held from 6:00 until 8:00 that evening (564 W. 400 North, Bountiful). The occasion also marks 40 years that the Williams family has operated the Eldredge Manor Reception Center – the longest running, privately owned reception center in the state. Brides-to-be are welcome to tour the facilities and try menu samples from a grand buffet complete with chocolate fountain. Historic tours will also be given during the 2-hour open house for any interested party.
More Information About The Manor
Built in 1896 by banker and state legislator James A. Eldredge, this celebration marks the anniversary of the wedding reception of Eldredge’s only daughter Afton Eldredge. The elegant Victorian mansion in modern times features a spacious main floor dining room; ballroom, greeting rooms, a state-of-the-art kitchen to service luncheons, receptions, and banquets; and a spacious parking lot. As the mansion has evolved over the years, the historic Victorian charm has meticulously been preserved by mimicking original windows, matching paint buried by decades past, preserving the original porch, and exposing the old exterior brick in the large dining area addition. Preserving the elegant style with light fixtures, fireplaces, hardwood floors, a mixture of furniture reproductions and the home’s heirloom antiques, including Leopold Stickley dining tables, weds the past with the present-day needs of a contemporary reception center.
A few short years ago, Steve Williams enlisted the help of a landscape architect to create perhaps the most appealing outdoor wedding reception area for brides and grooms. In the expansive gardens, more than 50 varieties of perennials, several types of evergreens and flowering trees, over a thousand spring bulbs, dozens of shrubs as well as spring and summer annuals provide outdoor color almost year-round. Drawing inspiration from the mansion itself in times gone by, designs includes a marble gazebo, two waterfalls, lit footpaths, bridges, trellises, and a sunken courtyard. Wedding parties can dance into the dark as the garden lighting and electrically-equipped bandstand provide for the perfect romantic conclusion to the big day.
“To my knowledge this is the only reception facility with gardens especially designed for wedding reception traffic and such features for the wedding cake, the band, the bridal portrait, gifts, and so on,” explains Steve Williams, whose parents purchased the Eldredge property for a reception center in 1974. “In fact, the traffic flow begins from the moment a guest exits their car in the parking lot,” he explains. “Outdoor receptions are a highlight of the fine Victorian quarters, and in the case of inclement weather, we can simply bring the reception into the elegant interior.”
Williams many times has gone to additional expense to meet the criteria of the National Register of Historic Places of which the James and Jane Eldredge mansion is participant. The Eldredge Manor and its gardens can readily accommodate considerable groups for both indoor and outdoor banquets, parties or ceremonies and several hundred guests for wedding receptions. Together with the Carriage House, The Manor on historic Eldredge Square continues to be a prominent, if not dominant, part of the wedding event venue landscape – treating reception guests to a unforgettable experience!
# # #